Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Anthropomorphic mail art project: an interactive postcard exchange

Recently, I submitted these four postcards to the Mail Me Some Art orange postcard swap.




But I didn't want to stop.

So today I am making an announcement!
I am starting a mail art project of my own.  
It is interactive, and you are welcome to join.

Here's how it works:
You say "Wow, that's super cool.  I want to do that!"
Then, e-mail me your mailing address.
chewytulip (at) gmail (dot) com
Tell me if you want a specific animal card to work on, or if you'd rather have a surprise.





Then I mail you a card, like the ones shown above.

Your animal choices are
lion
owl
giraffe
deer
human
leopard
wolf
bear
cat
monkey
dog (not pictured...yet!)

When you receive your card, you can add your artwork to it any way you'd like.
The ink I use is waterproof, so fret not!
You could use
ballpoint pen, crayon, water soluble colored pencils, markers, paper collage, highlighters, acrylic paint, watercolor paint, or whatever sticks to paper!

When you're done (and it's dry)
just stick a 33 cent post card stamp on it
and send it back to me!

(If you're outside the US, you can still participate, but I can't tell you how much it'll cost to mail back to me.)

When it arrives, I'll photograph it and feature it right here, on my blog.  If you want me to link your work anywhere in particular (your etsy shop, your own blog, your online portfolio, your myspace - ha! just kidding! myspace is a ghost town!) include the link in your e-mail to me.

What do you get out of it? 
Fame. An art prompt. A special excuse to take five minutes out of your day and make a visual statement.  Probably a fair amount of enjoyment - when I make these, I have a case of the crazy giggles during the whole process.
And, oh yeah, you get a silly art card made by me.
 That makes it a real exchange.

What's the point?
I aim to promote silliness. And art. And mail.


                                                 Anthropomorphic Mail Art Project, hurrah!
                                                            Let the silliness commence.

5 comments:

  1. I mentioned this tonight on Orphaned Postcard Project. I hope that brings a few more adopters. I think this is FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's pretty fun, and I think a few more people have joined, since you were so kind as to alert the mail-enthusiast community on your awesome blog. :)

      Delete
  2. :) Thanks! Feel free to request a card or two, if you want to try one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was one of the lucky recipients of your MMSA Anthro mini-zine. I love it SO MUCH! Thank you! I will email you my address to participate in your postcard exchange. :-)

    ReplyDelete